OpenAI’s mission is to build safe artificial general intelligence (AGI) which benefits all of humanity, and we require a team of individuals with diverse perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds. Our team comprises various nationalities, ages, and socioeconomic backgrounds. Learn more about our hiring philosophy and recruiting process in our interview guide.
- Audacious. We make big bets and are unafraid to go against established norms.
- Thoughtful. We thoroughly consider the consequences of our work and welcome heterogeneity of thought.
- Unpretentious. We're undeterred by the “boring work“ and not motivated to prove we have the best ideas.
- Pragmatic & Impact-Driven. We’re a company of builders who care deeply about real-world implications and applications.
- Collaborative. Many of our biggest advances grow out of work done across multiple teams.
- Growth-oriented. We believe in the power of feedback and encourage a mindset of continuous learning and growth.
Health & Wellness
Culture & Development
To ensure the health and safety of our employees and community, OpenAI is temporarily allowing non-essential employees to work remotely through at least Fall 2021. We plan to remain a headquarters-centric company and look forward to welcoming our employees back to San Francisco when the pandemic subsides and it is safe to do so. In the meantime, we are conducting interviews and onboarding new hires remotely as we continue to grow our team.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We believe the development of general-purpose artificial intelligence that benefits all of humanity must be carried out with a knowledge of and respect for the different perspectives and experiences that represent the full spectrum of humanity.
Our investment in diversity, equity, and inclusion is ongoing, executed through a wide range of initiatives, owned by everyone across the company, and championed and supported by leadership. We take this work seriously and are committed to continuously improving our work in creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization.
In addition to our dedication to creating an inclusive organization on the human level, OpenAI actively pursues technical work that is aimed at improving our understanding of, and ability to mitigate, harmful biases learned by AI systems, and supports conferences and groups involved in such work in the larger AI community.