We’re building safe Artificial General Intelligence (AGI), and ensuring it leads to a good outcome for humans. We believe that unreasonably great results are best delivered by a highly creative group working in concert.
We're hiring software engineers and deep learning researchers to join our team in San Francisco. Many of our top contributors had no deep learning experience prior to OpenAI—people learn the skills they need while also performing useful work along the way.
Deep learning is a team sport, and we value people who are exceptionally thoughtful and nice. Our goal is to build safe AGI which benefits the world, which means we want our team to be maximally representative of the world. Our team includes people of various nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
We value potential as much as experience. People are expected to pick up whatever skills are required for the project they're working on, and are not constrained to either research or engineering work.
If you want to do software engineering, such as building our infra, improving our robotics interfaces, or writing our Dota pipeline, no machine learning experience is required. Apply for our Infrastructure Engineer or Software Engineer positions.
If you want to get into deep learning, apply to be a Machine Learning Fellow or Machine Learning Engineer. We are looking for people who want to learn to become core ML contributors within 6-18 months—and we structure your work so that you are doing useful work at every step while also growing in ML.
Our culture is always evolving, and we believe new people can and should change how we operate and what we value. A few recurrent themes about our culture stand out:
- Mission driven. People at OpenAI care deeply about building AGI in a maximally beneficial way.
- Goal oriented. We move both quickly and deliberately balance research and engineering objectives.
- Collaborative. Many of our biggest advances come from multiple, diverse teams.
- Reflective. Building complex, powerful technologies with the potential to impact society requires deep thought and discussion.
- Growth mindset. We believe in the power of feedback, and encourage a mindset of continuous learning and growth.
To learn more about our values, read our Charter.
- Health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
- Unlimited time off (we encourage 4+ weeks of vacation)
- Competitive leave for new parents
- Flexible work hours
- Lunch and dinner each day
- 401(k) plan