OpenAI’s mission is to build safe AGI which benefits all of humanity, and we want people with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. Our team comprises various nationalities, ages, and socioeconomic backgrounds. Learn more about our hiring philosophy and recruiting process in our Interview Guide.
- Audacious. We make big bets and are unafraid to go against established norms.
- Thoughtful. We thoroughly consider the consequences of our work and welcome heterogeneity of thought.
- Unpretentious. We're undeterred by the “boring work“ and not motivated to prove we have the best ideas.
- Pragmatic & Impact-Driven. We’re a company of builders who care deeply about real-world implications and applications.
- Collaborative. Many of our biggest advances grow out of work done across multiple teams.
- Growth-oriented. We believe in the power of feedback and encourage a mindset of continuous learning and growth.
- checkHealth, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- checkUnlimited time off (we encourage 4+ weeks per year)
- checkParental leave
- checkFlexible work hours
- check401(k) plan
- checkProfessional learning and development stipend
- checkLunch and dinner each day
To ensure the health and safety of our employees and community, OpenAI is temporarily allowing non-essential employees to work remotely through at least May 1, 2021. We plan to remain a headquarters-centric company and look forward to welcoming our employees back to San Francisco when the pandemic subsides and it is safe to do so. In the meantime, we are conducting interviews and onboarding new hires remotely as we continue to grow our team.